I live...where, again? o_o
Sep. 8th, 2010 06:16 pm
Example: They had me lay out every place I'd stayed in for the last 10 years. I imagine, for most people who fill out this form, the result amounts to their parents' house where they grew up, maybe a dorm or two, and probably an apartment where they're currently living. Me? Ha, if only things were that easy. By the time I got down to the MOST RECENT dorm I'd lived in on a US campus (back in 2004), the program wouldn't give me any more "add entry" options. NOT counting all the times I've gone back home to live for a month or two between transfers to schools in exotic locations (that offered a more exotic treat for one's academic pallet) or jumps from city-to-city overseas, I count NINE different places I've lived (all considerably removed from each other) over the last 8 years. That's right. There was one year when I actually moved 3 times. @_@
Just thinking about it makes me tired. Is living in one place for years on end something that people actually *do*?
no subject
Date: 2010-09-12 04:44 pm (UTC)Yeah, some people live in the same place for years on end :p I've lived in the same spot since June of '08 and have no plans to move anytime soon (despite the pests--it's Boston, I'm not going to kid myself that a different apartment will solve anything). My plan is to eventually find financing to spend a lot of vacations abroad, though that presupposes a job that gives plenty of vacation... I still *want* to live abroad again, but it's impractical for me and I love Boston, so I've kind of... settled in more ways than one ;)
no subject
Date: 2010-09-12 05:02 pm (UTC)I seem to have forgotten that you used to live abroad... Where were you?
no subject
Date: 2010-09-12 05:18 pm (UTC)I lived in London when I studied abroad. It was pretty awesome, and it was a normal live-in-apartment-with-housemates situation including cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping. That's why I call it living abroad instead of just studying abroad :)
no subject
Date: 2010-09-13 03:08 am (UTC)I'm not so concerned with pay right now as I am with finding something I love doing. I've been "between" long enough that I just want to try something with a promise of some kind of future. I don't have outrageous spending habits, either, so I'm pretty confident that I can keep myself afloat. *hopeful*